About Aadhaar Card :
Aadhaar is a 12 digit number which will serve as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India, issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India on behalf of the Government of India. Any individual, infants to an adult, who is a resident in India and satisfies the verification process laid down by the UIDAI, can enrol for Aadhaar. Enrollment of Aadhaar card is free of cost.
How to register:
Documents required for registration :
- Proof of Identity (Passport, PAN Card, Ration/ PDS Photo Card, Voter ID, Driving License etc..)
- Proof of Address (Ration Card, Voter ID, Driving License, Passport, Bank Statement/ Passbook, Credit Card etc..)
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate, SSLC Book/Certificate, Passport etc.)
Above original documents with their photocopies are required as a your identification proof. Please click here for a nationally valid list of documents.
Steps for Registration :
- You can go to any authorized Aadhaar enrollment center anywhere in India with your documents (click here for your nearest enrolment centre).
- Fill your personal details within the form.
- One set of photocopies of your documents are for them and original Documents are required to identify photocopies.
- Your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will also be taken as a part of the enrollment.
- You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrolment itself. You will get an acknowledgment slip with an temporary enrolment number and other details captured during enrolment
- The waiting time for Aadhaar may vary from 60-90 days after receipt of resident data packets in CIDR. However, it could take even longer in case enrolment is done through NPR exercise.
You need to enroll only once. Enrolling again is a waste of your time as you will get only one Aadhaar number.
Features of Aadhaar Card :
- It is India’s first Identity, Address, Birth and other proof in one single card for every individual, even infant.
- It is valid and accepted all across the country.
- the card can help avail of facilities such as opening a bank account, mobile and LPG connections, train travel and other benefits.
- Aadhaar will empower poor and underprivileged residents in accessing services such as the formal banking system and give them the opportunity to easily avail various other services provided by the Government and the private sector.
- The centralised technology infrastructure of the UIDAI will enable ‘anytime, anywhere, anyhow’ authentication.
- Aadhaar will give identity of migrants mobility.
- Unique ID number will be given to each individual and collect demographic and biometric imformation.
For more detail visit : ~ www. uidai. gov.in